May 14, 2007
I’ve added a Links Section to FTJ which should be pretty cool. It operates basically the same as most social bookmarking sites without some of the bells and whistles… for the time being at least.
I may add:
- the ability to make comments on links
- list of top contributors based on score
- a bookmarking feature
Anyway… it’s another user-generated content section of the site, so it will ultimately be what YOU (the members) make of it.
April 30, 2007
Obviously I changed the layout a bit. I realize change is hard on everyone and calling me stupid makes it easier to cope, so don’t worry, I don’t take any offense to it.
I’m going to work on making alternate color schemes that you can mix and match to your heart’s content. Possibly one with the old black background.
As for functionality changes, there really aren’t any major changes. The layout is based on 966 pixels now, so if you have a small shitty monitor, you’re kind of screwed.
- There is a new photos section which shows the most recent photos uploaded. You can also tag photos now to make searching for whatever it is you people search for easier.
- You can upload a maximum of 100 additional photos now
- I plan on adding a “links” section somewhat Digg style which should provide more content for members.
- Added ability to show only men, only women or both men and women for the most recent online members section.
That’s it for now.
February 28, 2007
I’ve added the ability to attach a poll to a NEW post in the forums.
- You cannot post a reply with an attachment.
- You must have already created the poll rom your poll manager on your profile.
In the hopefully near future, I plan to add the ability to attach videos to forum posts.
February 18, 2007
For a long time the forums here at FTJ have been the #2 rated forums, in terms of total posts, on the entire Internet according to http://www.big-boards.com/. Last week, we slipped to #3. What’s going on? Are you guys actually going outside more? Have you found girls in the real world to talk to you? I don’t know whether to be disappointed in you or happy that you’ve finally graduated from the Internet world to the real world.
Here’s some advice… it’s not safe out there. Nothing good can come of going up and talking to a real live person. Only denial followed by feelings of shame and inadequacy. The damage to your already fragile egos will be substantial. I would stick to the safe haven of the friendly forums or you’re really risking a lot.
Choosing a witty message and a good emoticon, then clicking the “Post Message” button is much easier than having your mom pick out a special outfit for you, drying the sweat from your brow, then listening to the crack in your own voice as you awkwardly ask the girl outside the video game store, waiting for her friend to finish her tan, if she wants to come by later and play WoW with you.
And while you’re at it, recruit some new people from the outside world and show them what they’ve been missing.
February 3, 2007
Small change to the voting system… You can now decide who gets to vote for you. Choices include… men or women. Go crazy.
If you specify only men or only women you probably won’t get as many votes as usual, so be aware.
On an unrelated note, I’ve started blocking entire countries from accessing the site in an effort to eliminate most of the spam being sent. This shouldn’t affect you unless you live somewhere in Africa.
January 26, 2007
I’m just finishing up a new section (built around an old feature) for the site that will revolve around member submitted polls. You can try it out with somewhat limited features here.
I plan on adding the following:
- Ability to break down polls into different categories (sports,entertainment,FTJ) etc…
- Each member will be able to create probably up to 50 polls
- Search function
- Anything else I think of or that is recommended and doable
January 21, 2007
Register.com’s DNS servers apparently were down for a while tonight which means the site was inaccessible briefly through the domain name (facethejury.com). Although not the only reason the site goes down, if it is the reason, you can still access the site by going directly to the IP address which is http://184.108.40.206